Wednesday, January 27, 2010

d'oh

Looks like the suzuka-style upper fairing isn't going to work.  Now I'll have to repair the cracked OEM upper.  I think I will fill in the headlight nearest to the crack however, and try to get something like this:




I might put on a white number plate, but not the number.  My upper has a crack on the other side, so I think I'll end up filling in the side opposite the one on this bike.  Dug out an OLD jar of mold release compound, and am polishing up the headlight in order to make a fill panel, which should help strengthen the cracked area as well.  The idea is to put the fibreglass on the headlight, and when cured, it should pop off the headlight due to the mold release.  It does work, actually.  Then some copius filler and etc, and it should, with some work, look like the upper to the left/above.

No comments:

Post a Comment