Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Paint Update

Ok, he's my hero (one of them, anyway...)


This is his car (one of them, anyway...)

My go-to people (Brae-Mar Autobody) can do the proper shade of blue -- the owner passed me on to a local sign guy, who is a big fan of old motorcycles and cars.  Called him on the phone, made a vague description of my idea, and knew exactly what I was talking about -- a man after my own heart.  Even mentioned the pinstripe along the Orange.  According to him (25+ years of experience), the right 3M vinyl can be cut and bent around compound curves.... so rather than the paint shop doing the stripe, the same effect can be done in "decal" form -- he can even do the Gulf logos to match.  And the upper will be on its way from Australia tommorow.  After the Chinese fairing fiasco, some good news!  As well, the paint guy recognized me as a repeat customer and told me to bring in the fairing parts that needed to be repaired first -- they'd fit it in between jobs.  That way, it will be a bit of a hanger queen and won't be (as) expensive... we'll see.

(if you don't know, that's Steve McQueen)
(shame on you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment